The Olympic Games are the world’s greatest sports festivals sites of which are often abandoned after the carnival is over. Hopefully, facilities of the Rio Olympics will not turn into rusting and decaying rubble.
Find more interesting pictures in our monthly magazine.
Click on www.myhistorydigest.com
01. Memento of the 1956 Winter Olympics: Ski Jump Tower, Cortina D’ampezzo, Italy.
02. Ski Jump Towers, Sarajevo, 1984 Winter Olympics Venue.
03. Swimming pool of the 1936 Olympic village in Elstal, west of Berlin.
04. The Baseball Stadium at the Athen’s Hellinikon Olympic complex.
05. Graveyards inside the abandoned stadium used for the Sarajevo Olympic Games in 1984.
06. When the swimming is over: swimming pool in the former Olympic Village in Athens Greece.