The Western World usually got to know the Vietnam War by the photos of Western photographers who covered the everyday life of US and South Vietnamese troops. However, the Viet Cong and the People’s Army of Vietnam had hundreds of photographers making photographs of the war either.
Find more interesting photos in our monthly magazine.
Click on http://www.myhistorydigest.com
01. A North Vietnamese recruit having physical examinations in Haiphong, 1967.
02. A Viet Cong guerrilla standing guard in the Mekong Delta, 1973.
03. North Vietnamese troops combing through the wreckage of a US aircraft shot down over Hanoi suburbs, 1972.
05. North Vietnamese soldiers practices firing ahead of speeding aircraft. Due to that sort of training North Vietnamese forces could damage or shoot down many American aircraft with a single rifle.
The Viet Cong engaging fight with the enemy probably in the Mekong Delta. Date unknown.
06. Surgery in the middle of the jungle. A Cambodian guerilla, injured in an American bombing, being carried to an operating room.
07. A road littered with abandoned military boots on the outskirts of Saigon, 1975. South Vietnamese soldiers got rid of their uniforms to hide their status.